Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Surgery is so soooon

Well, July 22nd, so I still have a couple more weeks to go, but seriously it needs to get here, now! I do have a lot to do between now and then though. I need to go pick up all my prescriptions, get my stuff ready that I am going to want at the hospital, set up stuff for me to do when I get home from surgery-books, movies,CDS, and whatnot, stock up my fridge with things I can actually eat.....
I just had my pre-op yesterday and we covered everything! I met with my surgeon, saw my nutritionist and it got me so excited. I am going to have to wear a splint for 8 weeks, which means, no chewing, sucking, swishing, any of that, for 8 weeks. So, I will be on a liquid/soft food diet for that time. The nutritionist said I should lose no more than 3 or 4 lbs but yeah right, i'm sure I'll lose more than that. I picked out my jaw bra, it's Hawaiian theme :) I still need to go to the hospital to get my physical, because of my asthma they just want o make sure they have all their bases covered, and this is my first time undergoing anesthesia. I'll post pictures and video if I can manage it. Hope everyone is doing well~ :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you. My surgery is July 8th. All the summer jaw bloggers surgeries are quickly approaching. :D

    can't wait to see some pics... hope you are doing okay.

    -makay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,

    My name is fayth. Haha, i've been just floating through some people's blogs on their jaw surgeries, and lacking at paying attention to my own- but i noticed that we have the same surgery date! Hah, how crazy is that? Hope you're having a good day! Can you believe how fast the 22nd is coming up?!

    Fayth.

    ReplyDelete