Monday, February 28, 2011

Braces coming off soon.



Well another couple of months have gone by. I can't believe it has been 7 months since my surgery. So much has happened, good and bad. Mostly it all seems like a blur; where does the time go? I have been healing so so. I clench at night, which seems to have slowed down everything. I've been having pain on the right side of my jaw that I just can't seem to shake. I also can't open my mouth as wide as I should be able to by now. I'm heading into physical therapy to address these problems. I probably have another year left of recovery but it's not so bad. Once I get these braces off I will feel much better about it all I am sure. It's just a frustrating day every now and then...nothing I can't handle.

Hope you all are well. Expect a post soon, brace free! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah!
    Nice to hear from you. Bummer that healing and recovery is going slower than expected. What does your doctor say about the pain in your jaw and the range of motion openning your mouth? I can think of a couple of bloggers that had the same frustration your are describing. I look forward to your next post.
    Cheers,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I came across your blog while reading others like it, which is awesome because so far, yours sounds the most like the procedure I'm having done in May! Just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading it and I hope that the rest of your recovery went well!

    ReplyDelete