Friday, August 6, 2010

Disbelief!



It's just one day over two weeks and I'm feeling great! I'm just so happy that I was able to get this surgery. I'm so blessed to have such wonderful parents who saved so we could afford it. A big shout out to my mom who has been nothing less than wonderful, even when I was being awful because I felt so crappy. She saw me through those hard days and for that I am so grateful.

It's worth it friends. If you are feeling apprehensive, asking yourself 'Do I really need this?' Don't give up making this change!

Now things I'm looking forward to:

The swelling going down 100%
Getting the splint out
Having zero discomfort
Being able to chew and eat me some Chicken Enchiladas (my favorite!)
Being able to go out to a restaurant without worrying about how and what I'm going to eat
Going out with friends and not worrying about needing to get home and rest
Not spending 25% of my day cleaning and brushing my teeth
Not feeling anxious anymore (the surgery has caused me some anxiety....I have like one anxiety attack a day....they aren't that bad but enough for it to be annoying.

3 comments:

  1. YES! It is so worth it! and moms are the best! Seriously, thank God for my rents.

    Oh, and I am with you on the list- right now the splint is driving me SO crazy. AH.

    -makay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah!
    What a wonderful post! I do always need the encouragement becuase I think I question myself about going through this procedure at least a thousand times a day! UG..
    Back to you..you look great, and I hope that anxiety goes away NOW!!!
    Have a wonderful night!
    Regards,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you SURE you only had surgery 2 weeks ago?? Seriously, you look fantastic. I'm so glad to hear you're doing well!
    I saw in one of your earlier posts that you were worried about not being able to close your lips. I wasn't able to until about 7 weeks out. So it's very annoying, but normal, don't worry.
    Keep up the good attitude! That really helps :)

    ReplyDelete