Wednesday, August 4, 2010

New Pictures and Update-Day 13 Post-Op

Well, here I am almost 2 weeks after my surgery. How crazy! I moved back home yesterday and it's really nice being back home but now I'm having even more trouble sleeping! New bed, new pillows I suppose. I'll get used to it soon I'm sure. I have to go back to work on Monday and I'm dreading it! As much as recovery can suck sometimes, it's so nice to have my days to myself with no responsibility to think of! Today I got my hair done; it's darker now. I also went shopping and bought a new top, dress, some earrings, and a bracelet. I went all out!

I saw my surgeon and my orthodontist on Monday and they both said I'm doing really well! I don't have to wear my rubber bands anymore and I can start trying to eat with a spoon! I got a couple baby spoons and I've been trying some bigger stuff. I find that I still prefer soup though....if only because it makes cleaning out the splint easier. From trying pasta and some other stuff I'm pretty sure I got some food stuck in my splint that will never come out.....gross I know. But it is seriously hard to keep it clean. Even if you brush and clean right after you eat, which I do. The thicker food you eat, the more you run the risk of getting stuff stuck. No avoiding it.

I've been practicing on opening my mouth and I'm still making funny faces. Everything is really coming together! I'm still waiting on feeling to come back on parts of my face....mainly my cheeks and chin. My face is still tingling though...all good signs.

And if you don't know, we are in the middle of SHARK WEEK! I love shark week so I encourage everyone to tune in and learn something new! They are fascinating creatures.


2 comments:

  1. Looking goooood! I am so glad you got out of the house- it makes you feel human again. ;) ha.

    I hope sleeping gets easier. :)

    Love, Makay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah!
    Glad to hear you had a good update from the surgeon, bummer to hear you are still having a hard time sleeping and that you have to go back to work. Although, perhaps the routine of work will help you get back in the "swing of things." Didn't I read that you are a teacher? And, shark week...how funny...I normally don't watch that, but I was watching Les Schroud last week dive around a bunch of sharks and Mike Rowe cutting apart some gooey shark up on the North Poll. I do agree, sharks are very interesting...but my view on it is if I go into the water I go right to the bottom of the food chain... and I can't get my brain around that....

    Hope you get some sleep tonight!
    Regards,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete