Friday, July 23, 2010

Slowly but Surely


Here we go day two! I no longer need the mask. The doc says my lungs sound clear, which is great news.

They are about to switch me from Morphine to Vicodin. Makes me a little nervous....Vicodin has made my stomach upset in the past and it's such a chore to eat. I have been able to drink a little chicken broth, juice, water, and even a little jello! Not a lot, but enough for it to make me feel good.

I got up and walked around the halls which was awesome. I'm going to give it another go after I nap a bit.

I just was able to wash up which felt so good. I had my sheets changed as well. I feel like a new person! I can't wait to get my jaw bra off. I feel so constricted. It's not that bad, just uncomfortable.

Everyone has been sending me a lot of love. Thank you thank you! Makes all this bearable. Seriously. Matt is coming by this afternoon. Looking forward to that. We were texting last night till like 2 am, finally I'm a night owl too!

I will be at the hospital until tomorrow, but doc says we are going to play it by ear. He doesn't want to release me until I am ready, so there is chance I could stay longer. I'm so happy to be at the Austin Surgical Hospital. This place is really nice and doesn't feel like a hospital at all. My room has a balcony!....not that I've been out on it or anything, but still... :)

Oh yeah, I wanted to talk about what it was like coming out of anesthesia. It felt realllly weird. I had blurred vision for about an hr and half. I was also super talkative, but I couldn't talk so I was writing like a mad woman in this journal they gave me, cracking jokes and everything. I don't really remember everything that was said that well but I was in the recovery room for at least a couple hrs.

I don't even remember going into the operating room. After they gave me my "cocktail" I was pretty much out of it. I think the last thing I remember was leaving the pre-op room and then I was fluttering my eyes and waking up!

Until next time. Questions anyone? I'm trying to cover all my bases but I might have left something out.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe how much different your nose looks! You're going to have to explain to me someday how that worked... I'm so happy for you! It sounds like you're not doing too bad with your recovery, you'll feel better in no time, I'm sure! As of now I'm planning on coming to Austin next weekend to see you and bring you smoothies and trashy magazines so get ready...
    love you, little cow
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear you are doing better! :) and girl you are looking goooood! :)

    Great job, keep us posted.

    love, makay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddy: I know it's weird right!? When they were correcting my upper jaw they had to cut across my nose and that's apparently what caused it to turn up a little. I think it's pretty cute! My dad told me yesterday that I have Namoi Watts nose. I laughed, pretty funny stuff. Well, if I have Naomi Watts nose, then I have Angelina Jolie's lips ahaha.
    Recovery isn't that bad. Lack of sleep is hard. I've also had some issues with the hydrocodone and it making me all kinds of itchy.
    Yay trip to Austin! Can't wait to see you. By then, I'll be feeling a bit more active, so it should be fun.
    Makay: Thanks girl! Glad to hear you are doing alright as well!

    ReplyDelete