Saturday, July 31, 2010

Getting better day by day

Yesterday was a pretty good day. It was the first day that I was able to eat enough calories wohoo! I also discovered some foods that I really love! Cream of wheat is sooo good! How have I never had this stuff before? And they have all different flavors. Awesome. Also, if you're looking for some stuff to mix up your diet, check out this website; http://jawblends.blogspot.com/ There are some really yummy recipes on it. I had the lentil soup and the chicken soup yesterday, both of which were fantastic.

I also got a lot of walking in yesterday! I went on 3 walks with my pup Penny Lane. She sure loved it and so did my face, because my swelling has REALLY gone down. wohoo! I also hit up the mall with my mom yesterday and bought some shoes. It was so nice to get out of the house. Thanks Makay for encouraging me to be active! It was the first day that I've felt quasi normal.

My face is still pretty stiff and I would try working it out more but something is going on in my mouth that is causing some pretty intense pain. It's either a stitch rubbing up against a wire or just my gum getting stuck on the wire. I tried to investigate the problem but the swelling made it kind of hard. Its made brushing difficult, *sigh. I'm trying to hold out on it though because I go in to see my surgeon and ortho on Monday and I'm hoping they can fix this up for me.

On a more positive note, my congestion is down! wohooo! I have been taking singular, flonase, afrin and sudafed. Excessive maybe? Well, it's doing the trick. I haven't had any days like the ones in my previous post. Such a relief.

My lips are still parted, but after reading up on some of the other blogs I'm thinking this is pretty common. As soon as my swelling goes down I think they'll start coming together.

Ok, now PICTURES!!

BEFORE





2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah!
    So glad to hear that you are onto better days, that is great news! And, in the name of Billy Crystal, "you look MAHvalous my dear, absolutely MAHvalous"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cheers to you and having continued success!
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO WOO! Looking good! :)

    I am so glad you are doing better... and yeah- try some cream of wheat with cheese... mmmmm. :)

    LOVE, Makay

    ReplyDelete